My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Updates

Decided that I should update my blog on what's going on for the past 2 months. I realised I haven't been blogging properly, except for complaining and nagging.

So where should I start? Randomly ba...

First, the first snow was brought to Midland England in November this year. An early winter? A very very cold winter this year. Although it's not the first time I am watching the snow falls, it always somehow feel special each time I watch them fall and secretly hoping that the snowing continues. Of course there were more snowing days in December and more to come! =( Too much isn't too good as well because it's freezing.

This semester passes miraculously fast. Teaching and meetings occupied most of my time. Started my first module this semester and it's been great so far. At least my students were pretty nice and friendly. And there were some cute-looking students too! Haahaa... (So unprofessional of me saying this!) But afterall I'm only a few years older than them...

Research hasn't been good this two weeks. Made progress but still slow. Can be more efficient and productive - once again I am repeating this!


Think I haven't really update on my new birdies... Adopted two canaries and two finches from maomao's colleague. And they are 大黄,小黄,小灰,小白... Silly names but easily recognised. They look the cutest when they are asleep because they hide their heads in their body when they are sleeping! So 大黄 and 小黄 will look like two tennis balls when they're sleeping....

As Christmas is coming, we have a Christmas fair in Notts... Haven't really take much pictures of the fair but took some photos of the Outdoor Ice Rink. It's outdoor! So it means that it must be really cold to be able to ice skate on the rink outdoor!

One of the stalls selling English Cottage Houses...
Lovely =)







Enough for this post... More on my London conference trip in the next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home