My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Monday, June 02, 2008

Energy-efficient-beings

It was another Sunday over the weekend and I went to my Professor's house for lunch this time. Amazed by the house and BIG BIG garden. Looks like a mansion rather than a house. Or I should say it looks more like a farm-house with their neighbour's horses, cows and hens. Anyway it feels pretty overwhelming at first because except for my Professor's wife, the rest are all guys - 8 guys in total plus me and Prof's wife in the cosy English-style lounge chatting. More like a businessmen meeting instead! Anyway the food was nice, especially the cheesecake and fresh prawns =P.. hehee so I was indulging in food and listening to the rest till the Prof's wife came over to entertain me. She's a nice lady and very very small size.. just like me! Haha (and I suspect that's the reason why I think my Professor likes me).. Anyway we were just chatting and she said something that sounds interesting. She said she always think small people like us are energy-efficient because our input (food) is less than the others, but our output (in intellectual terms I suppose since she's also a Professor) are the same and might be more if we're hardworking. So we're the energy-efficient-and-saving-beings. Sounds rather silly but it's true, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home