My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Sushi Lunch

My first Japanese lunch in the UK! Hee...

Had a lunch session with my Professors and 'colleagues' at a Japanese restaurant in the city center before my meeting last week. The sashimi is good! (Probably because it's been a long time since I last ate Japanese...) Had lots of sashimi and my English Professor is very kua zhang.. I think he ate at least 10 plates of sashimi! Anyway perhaps I should do a 小小 introduction of the people in the photos.

7 people, 2 tables...

My table:
Beside me - My English Professor
Opposite me - An English post-doctoral fellow/lecturer (who is a very young PHD and quite good-looking! Hahaa...)
Diagonal - A colleague from China





Laughing happily on what?? I forgot!... probably some photos on his mobile??

The next table consist of my Chinese Professor and 2 colleagues - one English, one Chinese from HK/Canada.

So this is a lunch session with 6 guys and me - a little girl!
Not sure if I had blogged on this before. Probably yes, but I didn't publish it. I am the youngest amongst all the research students in school and also the only girl in the quantitative finance group. So sometimes I find myself rather stupid and slow compared to the other guys. Probably because they started a few months earlier than me, but I'm suppose to catch up with them somehow. Well, I wonder whether I could ever do it?!?! Hai... But on the other hand, being the only girl in quantitative finance, should I be proud of myself? Probably I will be once I successfully build up my model! I will not let the guys beat me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home