My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Italy... ...

Second destination in Italy: Florence

Florence city is only one hour train ride away from Pisa. The most important thing to see in Flornence is the Uffizi Gallery. It has one of the world's famour renaissance artists' work, including Michealangelo and Rapheal. And perhaps the most famous work there is the "Birth of Venus".


"The Birth of Venus"


This is the queue to Uffizi Gallery. We waited for about 2 hours before gaining entry to the gallery. Wasted a bit of time, but at least I had the chance to get into Uffizi! Anyway, it wasn't as big as I had expected and perhaps the gallery needs some renovation too. Though Uffizi is great, I still very much prefer the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel in Rome! That was the best I've seen so far!


The scene outside Uffizi. Day in day out, these artists spend most of the time of their life there.



The work of Michealangelo. The famous sculpture - DAVID!

And of course, David and me! Hee...


Finally, on the 3 hour train ride to our next stop - Venice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home