My Photo
Name:
Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Monday, October 02, 2006

The New Place

Enough details of my 24hr-journey to my new hm.
Now let me tell you how this place looks like. It is totally different from what you see in SG!

The Houses: Over here, houses are short (mostly 3 storeys with attic), with brown bricks, cottage windows and nice garden in front of each house. There are lots of churches here and the place looks like what we see in our childhood storybooks. My new hm is situated on the top floor of one brown tiled house. Above my bed, there are 3 windows where I can directly look at the sky. Sounds like a penthouse? Well, we have everything equipped in our small studio flat, a small kitchenette, bed, cupboard, study table, shoe rack, toilets, etc. Though it was smaller than what I would like it to be, it is still a cosy little place to stay in.

The People: The people here speak with a British accent, and you have to speak like them for them to understand you. On the roads, you can see a variety of people.. ang mohs, chinese and a few blacks. The people are very friendly and the ang mohs will smile at you and say hi!

My school: My school looks totally different from NTU. The buildings are short houses with only one tall tower at one corner of the school. The school is made up of small little buildings in various colours, eg. brown, orange, white... Not like the monotonous greyish buildings you see in NTU.

The Toilets: I must comment that their toilets are very clean indeed! Even the public toilets in the market place is sparkling clean. Not like those we see in SG's kopitiam or market at all!

The Prices: Almost everything is more expensive here compared to SG except for Frozan Pizzas. Pizzas are available for only S$3... rather cheap! Oh one more thing that is cheaper here is winter wear. In my half an hour spree yesterday, I bought a cool black jacket and two long sleeve top which cost me 21pounds. Cheap? Still reasonable I think. Anyway sad to say, the clothes here are too big for me! And the adult section looks more like the L and XL section. I have to shop in the kids section and I can wear the ten year old size! Though it feels a little paiseh to be buying the kids clothes, I got used to it after a while. Since it's cheaper, why not?? Hahaa...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shi Wei said...

haha..u made them sound reallie super inefficient sia...haha..anywayz rem to take more photos wor!! dun have u inside nvm, but must take more photos of the places u go...hehehehe!!!

10/03/2006 8:32 am  
Blogger Da-Vinci-The-Great said...

Hey! As requested by u, I've uploaded the photos!

10/06/2006 9:21 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home